Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Does anyone know?  (Read 1877 times)

JJ 3000

Topic Starter

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Does anyone know?
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:28 AM »
I've been studying for the CompTIA A+ certification exam. I intend to take it later this spring, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew where I can get free study materials. I have been trying to find free practice tests online and 99% of them are spam. The CompTIA website will give you a very small amount of help in the "practice questions" category but I would like to find a more comprehensive study aid.  If I spend an obscene amount of money($150!!!!)I could buy a really nice practice test CD. I am poor and I need to find a free way to take these practice exams because I think they would greatly increase my chances of passing. So if anyone knows where I can find free study materials I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm studing for the CompTIA A+ Essentials And the CompTIAA+ 220-602 exams.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Does anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:49 AM »
Have you purchased any of the physical study guides.  I know they used to come with CD's that had plenty of practice tests.  I suppose the books are fifty or sixty dollars US these days.  Does your local library have any up to date versions?  They often have the CD's -- you might be able to use them.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

JJ 3000

Topic Starter

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »
I have: CompTIA A+ guide to managing & maintaing your PC sixth edition by Jean Andrews that I aquired second hand and the CD is missing. However, I've been studying this 1400 page behemoth intently, as I have been told that this is this most comprehensive and current text to consult. Is this the best one? I have a suspicion that there may be a newer edition that covers Vista.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:57:43 AM »
I don't know a lot about it, anymore.  I studied for A+ back when Windows 2000 was the standard.  Yes, after a certain date, if it hasn't passed already, Vista will be the standard, and you will be expected to know your way around Vista, along with everything else.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »
Quite often, you can find used books, even for recent editions, for much less than new books.  For example, see this list from Amazon.com.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
BrainBench...not always Free but one of the best.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "