Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lexmark X5070 All-In-One Printer Problem  (Read 3423 times)

Tulecreeper

Topic Starter

Lexmark X5070 All-In-One Printer Problem
    « on: April 21, 2008, 08:06:20 PM »
    Connected to computer modem and combination phone/answering machine. Printer is supposed to "listen" to all calls, allowing regular calls through to the answering machine but disabling the answering machine when it detects a fax transmition.  Problem: it only does this about 10% of the time. Most faxes are treated as regular phone calls and ignored, at which time I get a "beeping" on my answering machine. When answering machine is turned off the machine performs as designed, allowing regular calls through to the phone and picking up the faxes. Question: since the installation diagram(s) shows only separate phone and answering machine attached to the printer and computer is my combination phone/answering system interfering/confusing the printer? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Lexmark X5070 All-In-One Printer Problem
      « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:58:58 PM »
      Shot in the dark here... how many rings do you have the answering machine set for?  My fax [Brother] manual says it must be set for 2 rings or it will get confused.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Tulecreeper

Topic Starter

Re: Lexmark X5070 All-In-One Printer Problem
        « Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »
        Answering machine is set at 4 rings, printer at 5 rings because setup says the printer must be set at a higher number than the answering machine. Have tried all possible combinations with the same results. Thanks...good shot, but a little high and to the right. Also by the way, if I am online when I turn the machine on it kicks me off (I'm a caveman with dial-up).

Mike
        « Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:22:01 AM by Tulecreeper »