Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video card install help  (Read 2044 times)

bigwig

video card install help
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »
so i just installed my Geforce 8600 Gt and when i turned my computer on the monitor was black and could not detect my computer. I had the monitor hooked up to the graphics card and the fan was running just the monitor didnt pick it up. plz help

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
    • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: video card install help
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »
Hello! ;D

Does your computer has an onboard video? Disable it first...
 ;D
"Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
--Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »
    you mite have plug an play I would reset the card first.  Then check the bios if that dont work.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
      what monitor connection are you using?

.:.:.:.

or  - .:.:.