Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel Server sc500 with se7520af2 mothorboard will not POST  (Read 2733 times)

lshotta

Topic Starter

I bought this server recently to play around with. Currently no drives installed. I simply wanted to get into the BIOS, and see the current settings. Unfortunately, the machine will not POST. I turn it on, the internal fans and the power supply runs for maybe 5secs, then it shuts down. Nothing is sent to the screen. The motherboard states that there is an error.
    I've reseated the memory, the processor, and the power supply. But still get the same thing.
    Setup thus far:

-Intel SE7520AF2 Motherboard Dual CPU support (there is currently no heatsink on the CPU since i just wanted look into the BIOS quickly
    2 Xeon 3.2GHZ SL7PF Proc. Only one currently installed
    2gigs ram
    Redundant PSU (DELTA)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

homer

Expert
      Re: Intel Server sc500 with se7520af2 mothorboard will not POST
      « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:17:24 AM »
      you may wish to mount a heatsink on the CPU and try again. we can get into greater detail if that does not solve the issue.

lshotta

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:37:25 PM »
        Thank you Homer for your quick reply and help. Yes, you were correct. I simply mounted the heatsink, and problem solved.
        Thanks again.

homer

Expert
          « Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »
          your welcome. come back anytime you have any other computer problems. :)