Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where Can I Buy Hard Drive Mounting Screws?  (Read 4422 times)

veritasffg

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Where Can I Buy Hard Drive Mounting Screws?
    « on: July 14, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »
    I've Googled, called, inquired, guessed, begged, pleaded, cajoled - you name it - I can't find a source for hard drive mounting screws, especially the 6-32 UNC safety screws for attaching rails for mounting 3.5 inch drives in 5.25 inch bays.  These are the ones which prevent the screw from damaging the hard drive itself.  My local mom and pop computer repair shop owner will appreciate it very much if someone can point me to a seller of these elusive items.
    Adaequatio Rei et Intellectus

xavier

Re: Where Can I Buy Hard Drive Mounting Screws?
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »
    Google [newegg] type in screws

veritasffg

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
      Xavier:  You're a lifesaver.  I can't believe it was that simple.  I must have tried every way except that to find them.  Thanks so much.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 03:39:23 AM »
        Site called cyberguys that my father found, bulk like portions of differnt mounting hardware.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

veritasffg

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »
          Squall_01:  The cyberguys.com site had an even better deal.  I ordered an assortment of PC hardware for less than $15, delivered.  The Newegg.com deal (I buy a lot of stuff from Newegg, and I really respect their professionalism) was good, but it was a little more expensive.  Thanks again to both of you for your help.  I had totally given up on finding these very hard to locate pieces.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »
            Thats good to hear, never shopped there myself thought.
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres