Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to Install Lexmark Z515 Printer  (Read 3793 times)

bobbie67

Trying to Install Lexmark Z515 Printer
« on: March 01, 2005, 05:54:54 PM »
 ??? I'm trying to Install my Lexmark Z515 printer & a pop-up reads 'Not compatible with MS-DOS'. The printer was installed once & someone in my family "uninstalled" it & the driver for it. I have Windows XP and am still pretty much computer illiterate. Please help!

merlin_2

Re: Trying to Install Lexmark Z515 Printer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »
load the software first ...then attach the printer...it maybe that this printer is incompatable with winxp?/how old is this prt.you could network it with an old system win.........etc.....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 03:23:44 PM by merlin_2 »

Roberta Back

Re: Trying to Install Lexmark Z515 Printer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 11:38:41 PM »
 :'(ce Thanks for the advice, but it didn't work. The window still pops up that reads "AUTOEXEC.NT. This file is not suitable for running MS-DOS & Microsoft Windows applications. Click close to terminate." I went to a website & did what they recommended and it didn't work either. The site says that what's probable causing it is my ANtivirus thing is recognizing the file as a virus and deleting it. How can I check this & stop it?...Thx.