Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Choosing USB or an PCI Ethernet/Network Interface Card For DSL Best Performance  (Read 2705 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
 I am currertly using USB connection for DSL & having average performance! My other choice is some kind of so called ethernet  or network pci interface card !  I am confused about finding the correct ether. or other different types &  versions cards for my DSL connection!  All I know from my dell dimension L400c desktop PC states, that the ether. or network card value requires 10/100Mbps.  Is there a difference between an ethernet & a network card ?  If a card manufacturer list as an ethernet/network card ,does that mean it will perform well for both?   :-\

brett74

Apprentice

the most popular one that everyone uses is the 10/100 card or if your computer has one integrated on the motherboard you can just plug a cat 5 network cable into that instead and yes if you end up buying a network card it's basically the same thing as a ethernet one and although they sometimes sell the slower cards I would get the 10/100 card since that is pretty much standard now