Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RESTORING FILES  (Read 3275 times)

soniaw20

Topic Starter

RESTORING FILES
    « on: September 03, 2008, 08:43:24 AM »
    can anybody  help, I have a small business accounting software which is great but I cannot seem to restore my files onto it.  I have managed to restore my husbands accounts but when I go to restore mine it is asking me if I want to over write my accounts with my husbands.  This all started when my old laptop broke and I had my files transferred to my new laptop.  I can see my files but I cannot get into them I know that I need to transfer them into the software but I have spent hours trying to do this but unsuccessful.  I have even uninstalled the software and reinstalled it to see if I can restore my accounts first, but it asks the same question.  I wouldnt mind but strictly speaking i only want to print them off for my accountant, I won;t need to go into them again.  Any help anybody, please note if responding to explain in detail (as if you are speaking to a three year old) as dont understand things like folders/disk drives/zips and so forth.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: RESTORING FILES
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
    What program ? ?
    And Welcome Aboard !
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soniaw20

Topic Starter

Re: RESTORING FILES
      « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:19 AM »
      Thanks for the welcome - by program I assume u mean software I am using right? (told you i was slow when it comes to computer jargon) - the software is Dosh cashbook used for small businesses.  The company is now part of MYOB, as I have the old version.  I have been in touch with them and they have been very helpful, they tell me to keep mine and other records separately so as not to confuse the backup system - but they are separate.  But to be honest I am not very good when it comes to setting up sep folders and storing stuff in different places, but i do make a good sandwich.

Hope you can help, cheers.