Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: f disking my friends laptop  (Read 2473 times)

fuelthefire

f disking my friends laptop
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
 I know that you all say to check out as much info as you can before posting.  I was looking through a lot of the old posts, but to no avail did I find anything to help me out.

So, my question is.. my friend has this Dell "Inspirion 600m"  It's his girlfriends and now were in college again so he would like to use it, but when you get into the desktop you can't do anything.  By anything I mean that it keeps popping up so much [crap] about the internal programs not working and not loading and all that... You can't even do anything from surf the web to write a essay on Word.

I just want to wipe this thing clean and reformat it.  Do I need to use any of the restore disks I got with my Dell Vostro and put them into the other dell .. or can I just wipe this clean THEN put in all my disks I got with MY laptop?

Either hitting F2 or F12 but there was nothing in there that said reformat or wipe clean.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks for listening to this 30 yr old Novice.

Mikey
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 10:44:06 PM by Zylstra »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: f disking my friends laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
Restore CDs will work only with computer they were made for. You need Windows CD to format, and reinstall.