Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video in ports  (Read 2335 times)

dtrigiani

Topic Starter

Rookie

video in ports
    « on: September 14, 2008, 12:58:20 PM »
    I don't have a TV with me now, but I do have my laptop, which is a Dell Inspiron 8200 (yeah, it's pretty old). Is there a way to connect my xbox 360 to my laptop so I could play through the monitor? My computer doesn't have the typical yellow, white, and red connections, but I was thinking there might be a cable I could buy to convert to something else.

xavier

Re: video in ports
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »
    I dont know for sure if a USB to TV adapter will work ? I f we could get more advice on the adapter i posted it would help.

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: video in ports
      « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »
      A USB TV tuner would work.  However, two things just might ruin your day:

1) USB 2.0 bandwidth may not be enough.
      2) If the tuner does any rendering, you'll get a 1-3 second delay with the picture on your laptop screen.

I've tried this with an ATI Theater 550 PCI card in my main PC, a Sony PlayStation 2, and both XP and Vista Media Center.  The delay was about 1 second between the time I press a button on the game controller and the time I see the results of it.

However, I used Windows Movie Maker to create a YouTube video in this manner and there was no delay.

So it may also depend on what software you are using to view the output of the tuner...
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.