Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSODS  (Read 3138 times)

computeruler

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
BSODS
« on: September 14, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »
i got 3 i just got one then i restarted got another then booted into safe mode and uninstalled the soundcard drivers for the onboard becuase i have a pci soundcard that was plugged in the whole time but no drives so i just installed those today (onboard was installed aready) it seems that wasnt the prob cause i got another it said
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB99B35C0)
cmudax3.sys - address B99B34C0 base at B997D000, Datestamp 477B4627

i thought it was the ram so i did a memory test using that mem86 thing there were no errors after the 3rd BSOD was when i downloaded the iso and burned it and then i ran the mem test and i didnt get a bsod scence

NEO

Beginner

• this is not me
    Re: BSODS
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
    this is the blue screen of death and u can't do anything but u have to reinstall windows
    nothing is impossible

computeruler

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 02:08:11 PM »
    i thought about that but i really would not like to i guess ill have to though cause combat arms is stupid and wont work either

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 02:20:02 PM »
    this is the blue screen of death and u can't do anything but u have to reinstall windows

I think you need to spend some time honing your computer background skills before advising here...
    This is the 3rd person at least you have suggested a Windows re-install to and there may be others...
    Remember this is a Help Forum.
    One answer does not fit all situations.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

NEO

Beginner

• this is not me
      « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
      look i told u u can make a repair windows with the CD or u can reinstall it with the repair option u won't loose anything from your computer but with reinstalling without format u will loose only the program with format u will loose everything in the partition where u have installed windows it's your choice. yes patio but if u find another solution tell me ok?
      nothing is impossible

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
      Please re-read my post and don't over-react...it's constructive criticism at best.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
        Not all BSODs are resolvable by reinstalling Windows.  Typically that'll only resolve OS corruption or if the BSOD is virus-related and trying to remove the virus by conventional means is too time-consuming.

In this case, it's a driver problem:

cmudax3.sys

That's a sound card driver.  Most likely to the OP's onboard sound. 

I don't think he uninstalled the driver properly.  Otherwise, the BSOD wouldn't reference that particular file.

OP: Go back in Safe Mode and uninstall the audio drivers to BOTH your onboard AND your PCI sound card.

If you're not going to use your onboard sound, then go in the BIOS and disable it.

Otherwise, go online and download the latest drivers for whatever sound device(s) you're going to use.

Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

computeruler

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »
        for the thing for the repair they dont work with this copy of windows the repair thing gets rid of my *LEAGLE* key and when i try to reneter it it doesnt work for some unknown reason
        and i uninstalled the sound driver from add/remove programs (onboard) and i tried to disable it but there seems to be no option in the BIOS
        EDIT
        i just googled the cmud thing and that seems to be from the PCI card better uninstall that