Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no sound from cd roms  (Read 3372 times)

bear613

no sound from cd roms
« on: March 18, 2005, 03:01:18 PM »
Dont know what happened, suddenly there is no sound.  I see the time clicking away on the track, but no sound.  I tried wav files, etc to see if there's ANY sound and there is.  It's just the CD roms.  :-/

Any advice?  Much thanks as I need this for my business.

neo_wraith

Re: no sound from cd roms
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 03:05:14 PM »
check audio cables on the cdrom to your sound card, make sure they are not damaged or loose.

bear613

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 03:06:41 PM »
check audio cables on the cdrom to your sound card, make sure they are not damaged or loose.

OK, I will.  Where might they be?  ;D

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 03:49:52 PM »
This is usually a gray cable that runs from the CD ROM(s) to your sound card... Do you know where the sound card is?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

bear613

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 04:37:32 PM »
This is usually a gray cable that runs from the CD ROM(s) to your sound card... Do you know where the sound card is?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Hi flame-

I have an OLD Compaq Presario 5190, an old tower and there's alot of cables coming out of the back.  I dont have a clue where the sound card is.   ;D

Help me please, I really need these CD players!!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 06:25:52 PM »
Well, the sound card is inside the case, but once you open the case up, you will see the wire. It is not hard to spot, if you look at the CD ROM and the card that it is connecting to, then you will see that it is the sound card... Also, if you look on the back side of your computer, you will see the microphone jack and such... That connects directly into the sound card, making it easier to be identified... Keep in touch...

[glb]Flame[/glb]