Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Inspiron 5100 BIOS/Power turning on proble., Please help.  (Read 1843 times)

mubasherr

Topic Starter

Starter

Inspiron 5100 BIOS/Power turning on proble., Please help.
    « on: October 24, 2008, 03:05:23 AM »
    I was downloading some wireless software and I got an error and I shut off the laptop and try to restart it but since then I am having problem turning on the laptop. I turn it on and I hear noise,the noise is regular sound you hear when you turn on your pc or lapt and see green light but after 15 seconds I see a flash on screen and laptop shuts off. I have checked battery and AC adapter. They are ok..

Few days ago on someone's advise to check memory module at the back of laptopn I just opend the cover of Memory module and I took them out and put back in but if I press there I guess the chip and power on the laptop the same time ,my laptop turns on, I see the bios page  but if I take my finger of the memory chip,my laptop stop and if I do that like few times sometime laptop turns on without pressing the momoery chip. Some time I kepp the cover open and leave something under the chip so it will be pressed and my laptop stays on for hours. I tried to use some tape there but it did not work.I guess tape was not strong enough to keep pressed.

Is there a way I can fix this? if I buy new memory module, whould that solve the problem?

I don't know much about the computers. Can I fix this problem without spending too much money?

Can someone help me with that?

Thanks