Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Memory for Inspiron 1300  (Read 2601 times)

Larry Woller

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Memory for Inspiron 1300
    « on: November 04, 2008, 07:28:31 AM »
    Hello Everyone,
      I have a Inspiron 1300 laptop and I recently changed the Memory Module from 256 MG to 1 GB and all is well.. I read in the manuel somewhere (a long time ago) that the maximum memory was 1 GB which is why I stopped there..
      I have since heard and read that some folks went up to 2 GB without any difficulty or issues. Now I don't know if, for what I use the laptop for, I would ever need anymore memory but I do have this perfectly good 256 MG Memory Module just laying there and was wondering if I would experience any issues should I put install it in the other slot??? Has anyone gone over the 1 GB with the Inspiron 1300??
      Would appreciate any input on this.. Thank You!
    Larry

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Memory for Inspiron 1300
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »
    To double check this consult your Owners manual...if you cannot locate it it's probably available as a download at the manuf. website...just enter your machine ID and go to the support/download section.
    Another option would be to travel to crucial.com's website where they have an extensive database on what type of RAM and how much a machine will use properly...

I wouldn't go on just heresay that others have done it and risk possible damage to the machine.
    Good Luck...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Larry Woller

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:02:54 AM »
      Hello,
        Thanks for your response. I checked the site you posted and it said 2048 MG (2 GB).. but just to be on the safe side I browsed throught the owners manual, found the spec's and the spec's said;
      2 GB (Pentium)
      1 GB (Celeron)
      With that info and I have the Celeron M and probably not needing more memory than the 1 GB, will leave well enough alone and use the extra module for a backup if needed in the future.
      Again, thanks again for your help..
      Larry

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:43:59 AM »
      No trouble at all and BTW Welcome Aboard ! !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "