Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: chkdsk problem  (Read 2086 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

chkdsk problem
    « on: November 10, 2008, 04:21:31 PM »
    On the win xp computer, I the last thing I installed was firefox & AVG.  After that the computer worked fine for a while, and now whenever I boot it up, I get a mesage that says 'run chkdsk' or something like that and then the computer shuts down. 

There might be two antivirus programs on the computer now I think,  AVG and something else.  Do you think these two antiviruses are conflicting and creating the problem?  If I go to safe mode, and uninstall one of them will that clear up the problem?  And finally should I do a system restore to a time before the problem started or will that not make any difference?

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: chkdsk problem
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
    yes one virus protection is best and safe mode may work to uninstall it, try it.

run chk disc at the 1st chance ya get after that...maybe in safe mode also.
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: chkdsk problem
      « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »
      thanks .  yea that was it the two antivirus programs were conflicting.  I got into safe mode ,deleted it and restarted.  All was fine