Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: More on Keyboard problem  (Read 2834 times)

Keldorty

More on Keyboard problem
« on: March 31, 2005, 10:55:35 AM »
On the keyboard problem, I found out that someone accidently had his elbow on the shift key (holding it down) while not paying attention and it started beeping and things didn't work quite right for a while, like the caps lock button wasn't on but it would type in caps.  He thought it was working normal before he shut it down, but obviously not.  I can get to the login screen now by holding down the shift key until a bird-like sound is made and then I can push control, alt, delete to get to the login screen.  The computer works fine while it is on, but after he shuts it down, he has to go through the same ritual again on the next boot up.
Could this be some kind of hot key problem?  I have the hotkeys disable, but that didn't change anything.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: More on Keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:19:59 AM »
Could be damage to the keyboard, one that we can not see without taking it apart... He might have broken something inside...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Keldorty

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 11:28:14 AM »
I hooked up another keyboard, but it did the same thing, so it has to have changed something on the OS.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:59:48 PM »
Have you tried updating the keyboard drivers? A Windows Update? How long ago did this problem happen?

[glb]Flame[/glb]