Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print/Scanner Issue  (Read 2903 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Print/Scanner Issue
    « on: November 26, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »
    I have a HP psc 1510 all in one an it stopped scanning stuff an I tried reinstalling the software but its not installing.  Its on a 2000 dell dimension 4100  i get error situation code 19436283
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Print/Scanner Issue
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »
    Uninstall the scanner from Device Manager first.
    Then uninstall the software from Add/Remove programs.
    Power down
    If it's a USB scanner unplug and disconnect it completely.
    Re-boot and reinstall the software...it will prompt you for when to connect the scanner.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
      i removed it from the add/remove programs an then tried should I try device manger then.  I will but ummm do you think cause i didnt do it like that its not working?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
      Follow each step as i typed them...
      Trust me.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »
        I will an plan on it cause we use it alot but I done that before posting.