Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Address Bar History Won't Delete  (Read 5626 times)

Manboy

Address Bar History Won't Delete
« on: April 01, 2005, 03:45:50 PM »
I can't seem to delete the history in my address bar. I've tried to delete them by using the Internet Options method but it still leaves some webpages. I can clear the history and then when I click the drop box on the address bar it is empty. BUT when I am trying to type a web address in, once I type in the first letter it shows me web pages that are still in the history. Any ideas on how to clean it? Sorry if I'm unclear, its hard to explain. Thanks in advance.

tacelop

Re: Address Bar History Won't Delete
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 07:55:26 PM »
Go to the Menu line at the top of your screen and clic-on Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, scroll almost ½ way down and UN-check "Use inline AutoComplete". Then clic-on "OK" at the bottom to save the change.

My 2½¢

Manboy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 09:33:42 PM »
Thanks, but the option was already disabled. Any other help is greatly appreciated.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 06:42:23 AM »
Tell me... Are these webpages that are "left behind" in your favorites list? The address bar always memorizes your pages on your favorites list, unless you delete them...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Manboy

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 09:00:07 AM »
No they are not,  two of them are google searches and the other two are professors webpages.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 02:25:06 PM »
try webwasher........from webroot.com..........easy option..also alter save internet history........tools /internet options/    my 10p worth mine is set to one day??
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:26:45 PM by merlin_2 »

Manboy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 10:43:25 PM »
Nope still there, but thanks for trying, I appreciate the help.