Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Message: windows root system32 ntoskrnl.exe I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING :(  (Read 9721 times)

eyecandy1126

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Error Message: windows root system32 ntoskrnl.exe I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING :(
    « Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
    Hey I really thank youf or all your help on this topic.

Unfortunately, I decided to sell it and get Sony Vaio. I just sold the old one on ebay, but I have one final question :)

How do I go about getting rid of the administrator password? I don't want the person getting it to be unable to access anything. Thoughts?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
    tell them to reformat.

BTW, the path you should have given the ISAPNP prompt was on the XP professional CD, in D:\i386

a little late now...
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

drummerdude744

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »
      Hello. i am having the same problem almost. i am a 17 year old computer user and i am not very very good with stuff like this.
      basically, i was using my computer as usual last night, shutdown properly. then i tried to get on today and i got the message windows root system32 ntoskrnl.exe come up.
      i have tried removing the keyboard. i have put the windows xp installation disk and it gets halfway through the process and doesnt go any further. it just wont seem to work and i am gettin thoroughly frustrated :(
      please help?

billrich

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:37 PM »
      The best program to run when there is a corrupt system file is:

sfc /scannow

sfc ( system file checker )  will check system file and replace the bad ones.

You will need the OS  installation disk.

C:\>sfc /?

Microsoft(R) Windows XP Windows File Checker Version 5.1
      (C) 1999-2000 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved

Scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versi

SFC [/SCANNOW] [/SCANONCE] [/SCANBOOT] [/REVERT] [/PURGECACHE] [/CACHESIZE=x]

/SCANNOW        Scans all protected system files immediately.
      /SCANONCE       Scans all protected system files once at the next boot.
      /SCANBOOT       Scans all protected system files at every boot.
      /REVERT         Return scan to default setting.
      /PURGECACHE     Purges the file cache.
      /CACHESIZE=x    Sets the file cache size.

C:\>

You can  use start, Run [ sfc /scannow ] or DOS

drummerdude744

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »
        aah rightt ok thank you...but..
        how do i get that disk??

billrich

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
        Microsoft might send you one.  If  you are using XP SP3 Home, you should be able to find a copy of XP SP3 Home at any retail store or computer shop.

If your friend has the same XP Home OS, borrow his disk.  Microsoft will allow a fix like sfc fix from any Disk with the same OS.

Good Luck