Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BitTorrent/BitTornado  (Read 2976 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
BitTorrent/BitTornado
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:59:24 PM »
Hey -anyone use these?

I used BitTornado a few times when I didn't get home in time to tape "Lost" or "24"... Had it set with port forwarding on my router so I got the fast "green" light.

Installed Norton Firewall, and now can only get the yellow - even if I disable Firewall.

It may be  a coincidence, but I doubt that.

Anybody else out there use these programs? And get around a firewall?

My inet connection is verizon DSL.

Thanks!

Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

Joleen

Re: BitTorrent/BitTornado
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 06:04:25 AM »
I use the Azeurus(sp?) client and have never had a problem.  I'd say that if you couldn't get past your firewall then you'll get nothing at all.  The fact that you're getting some data says you just need more/better peers.  What site are you getting your trackers from?

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:02:54 PM »
What site are you getting your trackers from?

Same one now that I used before - freewareweb.com

I use the Azeurus(sp?) client and have never had a problem.

Have you a link?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 12:03:15 PM by rjbinney »
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 06:37:27 AM »
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
Turns out I did have the spelling wrong.  When I said I've never had a problem that may have been misleading.  Like any .torrent client, it relies on seeders.  There are times when a file will not come down or will come slowly and this is due to a lack of peers.