Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Panicy lonley OAP in desperate need of Help Please  (Read 2144 times)

bluedragon8

Panicy lonley OAP in desperate need of Help Please
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:41:17 AM »
Second hand comp, loaded with XP pro (64), clean install when bought. Set up internet, comp jumped straight in for update, power cut at some point, comp crash will not boot into windows. Genuine XP but no disc, cant contact vendor.  Have got as far as DOS command prompts, (i Think) Blk and white screen with writting, I have no idea what to do, Help brings up a list of words to use as comands. if i type LOGON i get " 1: D:\C      2:D:\WINDOWS
i press 1 and get D:\C>          or as     in 2. What ever i type now it says not recognised, and no i really have no idea what to type. I'm sorry this sounds so stupid, i am an OAP and can put a computer together, but due to illness never got chance to study this side of things, i have borrowed my nieces laptop for today. Please any kind person that can help me, this is my only life life line to the world. thank you, and happy new year to all. Bluedragon8 :'( :'(

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Panicy lonley OAP in desperate need of Help Please
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 07:10:34 AM »
Did you try 2 D: Windows and type Win and hit Enter ? ?
Probably the only way to facilitate repairs on this would be to find someone running XP 64bit and borrow their CD...
Maybe a local PC club or the schools would be a good place to check as not alot of people are running that version.

Good Luck.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "