Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE Toolbars Keep Changing  (Read 2732 times)

poss727

Topic Starter

Starter

IE Toolbars Keep Changing
    « on: December 27, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
    Hi Everyone,

When I am using the computer for a long period time, the IE toolbar icons change around. I have it set up for 2 rows of icons but then it will change to 4. I do have the option to Lock Toolbars checked. Also-after this happens, if I go to open one of my OE emails, it says- not enough memory to open this- and I have to reboot.

I also went into the C drive properties-Total Size 74.4 GB   Free Space 63.8 GB-does this seem right?

Any help would be so much appreciated!

XP SP2 Home
    IE6

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: IE Toolbars Keep Changing
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
    Why havent you upgraded to Internet Explorer 7? IE6 is a security risk that can talk if a hacker wanted it to.
    (Yes, using my scary "convert now!" words!)

Be sure to disable any toolbars you dont use. Check the toolbar menu for toolbars that are listed that you do not actually see running in IE, these can often be adware which can cause your toolbars to jump around at times....

Also, do you happen to change your monitor resolution, or use two monitors at once? This can also affect the layout.

poss727

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:47:16 AM »
      I think it's about that time for IE7!! I still do not have Sp2 either. With this problem I am having-do you think it's a good idea to install either-until this is fixed? I will get rid of some of my toolbars, as well. I have not changed any resolutions.

Thanks much for your help!

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
        • Yes
        • Technology News and Information
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
      I would recommend installing IE7, and SP2 at the very least.
      (Service Pack 3 is out, however, if you have an HP or Compaq computer, I would not recommend installing it...)

If you have a dial up internet connection, either of these updates will be pretty much impossible.

We can give you links so you can download the programs at, say, a public library or a friends house that has high speed internet.

poss727

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 10:15:29 AM »
        I have cable internet. Thank you!