Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SCSI cards  (Read 2763 times)

Rick Sansom

SCSI cards
« on: April 16, 2005, 07:00:58 PM »
I'm new to this SCSI thing....bought an older HP Smartscan photo scanner with SCSI and the card it came with is for an ISA plug on the motherboard. All I have is PCI on mine. Question: will any SCSI card work on my XP system with this scanner or do I have to drop $140. on the HP reccomended card? ???Thanks in advance.

gussery

Re: SCSI cards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 08:11:51 PM »
Any brand of the proper type of SCSI card will work.  Remember, SCSI comes in many different "flavors" so you will need to make sure that the card supports the proper connection type.

But I must point out, you can get a very decent new scanner that will plug in a USB port for the same $140.00 or less.

Rick Sansom

Re: SCSI cards
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 10:57:20 AM »
Hey Gussery, thanks for responding.
I realize that scanners can go for a song nowadays....but the reason I've gone through the hassle with this one is that it's a slide scanner as well, and thats what I 'm really looking for. I'm sure newer slide scanners are USB, but they retail for $500. to $1500. (!)
I've got a line on a SCSI card on ebay for $1.50 now (!!!) I hope it works. Again thanks.