Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems browsing due to malware/spyware?  (Read 3751 times)

nialmoconnor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Problems browsing due to malware/spyware?
    « on: January 22, 2009, 05:47:22 AM »
    Hi,

I have recently developed some problems with the operation of my computer. It seems the problems stem from either the installation of a suspect program I received from a colleague of mine (although he doesn’t seem to have such problems) or through my web browser.

The details of the initial problems I was having seemed to have disappeared upon the procedure I followed from another post on the Computer Hope Windows XP forum (see link here - http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=73950.0).

Now I can only browse websites on my wireless connection at home, which I was using when the problems developed. Although I have received extensive advice from my Computer Services Department in my office, I cannot browse websites on either the LAN or wireless connections there. I was wondering if a virus may have caused the initial problems and has now reconfigured my computer to only access web pages on the network on which I was browsing when it installed itself??

I have followed the prerequisite instructions for spyware/malware removal help, however I could not run malwarebytes due to "Runtime Error '0' and Runtime Error '440' - Automation Error" repeatedly occuring each time I download and try to run the software.

The logs for Superantispyware and HJT are attached. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Niall O Connnor

[attachment deleted by admin]

nialmoconnor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Problems browsing due to malware/spyware?
      « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
      Just a quick update on the situation, antivir prompted me when it detected TR/TDss.AT.881 Trojan. I quarantined the item and my computer is now fully operational. I can now access and browse on any network I choose to use.

Anybody got a reason/explanation for this?

Niall