Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connect Laptop to TV with S-Video Port  (Read 2828 times)

Anythingwill

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computers, you love and you hate them...
    Connect Laptop to TV with S-Video Port
    « on: January 26, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »
    Hey,

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this. Hopefully this works.

So what I want to do is use my s-video out port to connect my laptop to my tv. I know people do this, but everything i've read about it doesn't seem to be working.

I connect the cable between my laptop and my tv, i've tried the method of "fn f4", i've tried display properties, i tried to see if there was something i had to turn on it bios, it just doesn't seem to want to work. There is one thing about this, it's not directly connected to my tv, and it's not a 7-pin cable like my laptop port. I just have a standard 4 pin connected to a multiswitch box (that IS switched to the proper port). As far as i know a 4 pin cable is still able to work in 7 pin port though right? and the multiswitch shouldn't matter.

I have a HP Pavillion dv6700 Notebook PC, and the video card is Mobile Intel(r) 965 Express Chipset Family running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1

I've tried updating the driver, both through windows update and right from intels site, didn't seem to help.

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong, or what i need?