Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lose control of the mouse.  (Read 2581 times)

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Lose control of the mouse.
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:53:06 PM »
Ok when l start windows XP and i come to the desktop l lose control of my mouse, l can move it but not click l have to do Ctrl + Alt + Delete when the window open i suddenly can click.

And its hard to play games to, the mouse is 2-5 sec after when i move it.
I have reinstall my mouse software and Norton 2009 (l lose the control when Norton open) but it diden't work.

I have try whit a regular mouse and didn't work. And norton 2009 can't find any virus, and l have the latest updates.

Do some one know whats wrong?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Lose control of the mouse.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »
So it's only when you open Norton, that you "lose control" of your mouse?
Is that right?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 12:17:46 AM »
No when i start my computer and get to the desktop (not the login window it work there) then i cant click only move the mouse i have to open a window to "unlock" the mouse so i can click some thing. but it happen when i open Norton that i cant click then i have to open a new window to "unlock" the mouse and in games sometimes the mouse respond slow some where 2-5 sec its random but very often.

Edit: and i cant minimized games then the mouse get invisible...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:50:32 AM by Frejoh466 »
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 02:23:46 AM »

I have try whit a regular mouse and didn't work.

What is a "regular mouse"?
What kind of mouse are you using?

What operating system are you using? For example if you’re using Microsoft Windows, what version are you using?

If you're getting an error what is the error message?
Basic details on your computer, manufacturer (Dell, HP, custom built), how much RAM, CPU (Intel/AMD), etc.

If you're having a problem with a software program, game, or utility what version is it? If you're using  Windows this information can often be determined by pressing the F1 key.

If you're having problems with a hardware device such as a printer, modem, video card, etc. mention if you have tried the latest drivers.

When did the issue start occurring? Did you recently install a program, new hardware device, or visit a web page?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 02:49:03 AM »
Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5500 Revolution is what i have now, l have re-installed the software. (Usb, and need a software to work)

Regular mouse... like those you get when you bought Windows 98... (none Usb, and don't need it install a soft where to work...)

My operating system is Microsoft Windows.
No error
Ram l got 4gig but Can only use 2496MB RAM (Windows Xp cant have more then 2496MB RAM)
have all of the latest drivers, and no problem whit them.
When l think abut it it first came after l Defragment the C,D,E Drive... might just be coincidence but still...

Edit:
____
Manufacturer:     System manufacturer
Processor:    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:    2496MB RAM
Hard Drive:    1550 GB
Video Card:    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Monitor:    1680 x 1050
Sound Card:    SoundMAX HD Audio
Keyboard:    HID-Compliant Bluetooth Keyboard
Mouse:       HID-compliant Bluetooth Mouse