Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I and II  (Read 1756 times)

uni312

I and II
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »
I have an antec computer case (SX635) and there are two plugs inside,coming from the front panel,  each with a red and a black wire going to it and they are labeled I and II.  They come from the front panel and on the door are two lights, also labeled I and II.  Can anyone tell me what they are for and where do they get plugged into the motherboard?  Thanks

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I and II
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 01:23:46 AM »
Welcome to the CH forums.

The front bezel of your box is shown here and seems like there are more than two connectors coming from it.  There should (might) be one each for the power and hard drive leds and one for each of the power on button and the reset button making a total of four.  The image is not good enough to show I and II on the bezel.

Exactly where they connect to the motherboard depends on the motherboard specs, and you don't indicate which mobo you are using, but the mobo manual should show this in detail.

Good luck
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Dias de verano

Re: I and II
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:19:47 AM »
I and II (Roman 1 and 2) are just identifiers.  They can be for what you want. Usually the green one is used for power and red for HDD activity.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:38:46 AM by Dias de verano »