Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Panasonic CF-52 Toughbook review.  (Read 5433 times)

ZR 900

Panasonic CF-52 Toughbook review.
« on: April 23, 2009, 08:30:08 PM »
Horrible. I acquired two of them from a Panasonic rep. They are both brand new in the box. Model GCMBVAM. They appear pretty nice. I sold one. Double boxed it and sent it to the buyer in Ohio with $1500 worth of insurance. He said it arrived with a very minimum of handling marks on the outside box and the computer was fine. The inside box is the manufacturer's own shipping box and is well designed for handling. After he took it out and plugged it in for 5 hours it became apparent that it would not turn on. He contacted Panasonic and they thought they knew what was wrong but will not honor the 3 year warranty even though they agree it is brand new and he is the first person to attempt to use it. Further, they are estimating the repair to exceed the value of the computer. The board that needs to be replaced is over $1500. This plus shipping and labor approaches $2000. The tech person I spoke with is named Scott and he is very unhelpful. Even more aggravating is this is a known issue at Panasonic. He (tech guy Scott) said that this happens occasionally and they see several of their computers will fail when first taking them out of the box. ToughbooK??? It is my intent to get this story out to as many folks as possible. I have not gone to Scott's supervisor but I will give that a try but needed a day to think it over. At this time I am having the computer returned to me.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Panasonic CF-52 Toughbook review.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 06:49:04 AM »
Wow...that sucks.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.