Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error code  (Read 4095 times)

jonmarc

Topic Starter

Starter

error code
    « on: March 19, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
    HI THERE,  WHEN I  RAN A HP DIAGNOSICS TEST ON MY NETWORK CARD IT FAILED THE  TCP/IP NETWORK COMMUNICATIONS TEST, IT GAVE ME A ERROR CODE  NC315- 1W. MY PC SEEMS TO WORK FINE BUT, FOR SOME REASON I HAVE A FLAG ON THE 6TO4 ADAPTER. I HAD AN EARLIER PROBLEM WITH MY PC NOT WANTING TO BOOT UP BUT HAVE ( I THINK) FIXED THIS PROBLEM. WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM?  THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!! JONMARC

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: error code
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »

Hello,

I will assume the  6TO4 ADAPTER is the Ethernet card or device...have you checked online at HP for an updated driver for it?
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

jonmarc

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »
      I HAVE CHECKED FOR UPDATED DRIVERS, BUT IT TELLS ME THEY ARE UP TO DATE! WHEN I GO TO HIDDEN DEVICES THERE ARE ABOUT 59 OF THESE 6TO4 ADAPTERS! SOME OF THEM ARE FLAGED AND SOME ARE NOT.  THANK YOU, JONMARC

lostcoast

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »

I have done some research on this and this info is what I found

The problem is very minor. I spoke to a geek squad agent about the problem and the tech told me that its nothing wrong with the system. Microsoft is upgrading its INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION(IPV) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726954.aspx and vista is not responding very well to it. Microsoft is working to correct the 6TO4 adapter message problem, but i was assured that it does not affect the system at all. I hope the link provides you with some knowledge.

I feel you have nothing to worry about since it doesn't effect performance.
      I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

jonmarc

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:40:16 PM »
        THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!