Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Startup Chkdisk, anyone?  (Read 2491 times)

Albel11

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Startup Chkdisk, anyone?
    « on: March 19, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
    Hello, I am currently having some serious problems about starting my computers, it started one or two weeks ago when it bluescreened once or twice per day. I didn't quite pay attention back then since it started and I only needed it to run. Even though, I now am having some serious cases of bluescreening and starting problems. Everytime on startup, it makes a bluescreen of doom pop up and restart before I can see the error code, If I can get a long-enough bluescreen, sure, I'll post the error code right away, but for now, after thirty minutes of attempting to start the system, it finally switches to a primitive form of ChkDisk that tells me: "Please wait" for about two or three minutes, until windows actually starts! Showing me a black screen, my mouse and LSASS error codes telling me a DLL in system 32 is corrupt... the last error it popped me was that the DLL was nowhere to be found. Now it remains blankly on that black screen and does nothing else.

I would like to know, because I know ChkDisk can do wonders, if there is any way I could start it without going on windows.

If anyone knows where that problem comes from... I know it survived a full system formatting, thus... I really don't know where it's hidden. Even if after the formatting, it went like a charm until I begun getting errors again. I installed Registry mechanic to check my registry every one or two hours and well... It found some new registry errors every 4-5 hours. I start to beleive it is hardware-related, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Anyway. Thanks for your help.

Currently using a Windows XP Home SP2 non-validated for fixing purpose.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Startup Chkdisk, anyone?
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:49:50 PM »
    I installed Registry mechanic to check my registry every one or two hours and well... It found some new registry errors every 4-5 hours.
    This is your main problem. Never install garbage like this. What was the reason to install it in the first place?
    Did the BSODs start right after fresh installation?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:25:28 AM »
    Post the entire BSOD message including the gibberish...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Albel11

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »
      Sorry for the time it took, I definately checked around everything for a way to leave the bluescreen on but... As of now, it simply doesn't pop up the BSOD anymore. I'll try reformatting the system and force it to have some... I'll post back when I finally get to it since now windows starts like if there were no problems and a black screen remains. In any case, I'll keep that info about registry mechanic (Which I suspected to be a deep sh't in first place)

I got the BSOD like four to five hours after the first fresh installation, then had to reformat it because I couldn't start it properly, then I was able to maintain it on by using registry mechanic (It actually did something good for once) and clearing registry errors as they appeared. In any case, I'll get to it at the moment and try to make a BSOD appear.

CWebguy

Rookie
        « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:30 AM »
        You never need to check your registry this much!!  :o

Albel11

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:20:17 AM »
          I know, CWeb, I only did so so I could find the problem while my pc not crashing on me, but the only problem is that I finally found out the problem when On the re-formatting, my pc couldn't recognize my hard disk and couldn't read the hard disk anymore -,-' I beleive it finally died on me, the poor thing.