Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adding Multiple Contacts in MS Outlook 2002  (Read 3051 times)

Guy Incognito

Adding Multiple Contacts in MS Outlook 2002
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:49:50 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to add multiple contacts to my contact list from inside an e-mail (ie. everyone in the "To:" field), other than right-clicking each person and adding them one by one.

Also, how come sometimes I am given the option to add a person to my contacts and sometimes I can't select it?

For both of these I'm referring to an address at the top of an open e-mail (either cc, to:, from:, etc.).  I'm on Windows XP if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Adding Multiple Contacts in MS Outlook 2002
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 12:15:42 PM »
    Guy Incognito....... Sounds like you want to create a group......Once you have the group created , use your contacts list to populate the group.  Open Outlook and click on help .....then search for creating groups ......
    Read this ...... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/addressbook.mspx

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 12:19:29 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Guy Incognito

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 01:41:32 PM »
    Sorry, I realize now my original message was not clear.

What I mean is this.  Let's say I get an e-mail that was sent to 20 or 30 people.  I want to add all of these people to my contact list.  Do I have to right click and add each person one by one?  Or, is there a way to add them all at the same time?

Thanks again.

cigarman

Intermediate
      « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:58:29 PM »
      You will only need to do it once,

You create a distribution list e.g called "Golf members" you then add users to that list and save it.  Next time you need to send to these people again you simply send to that distribution list called "Golf members" ;)