Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Would it suck?

OF COURSE!
Probably
Same
Better
YOU BET! And i'm probably gonna get beat up for voting this...

Author Topic: What if Nintendo made Halo?  (Read 3987 times)

macdad-

Topic Starter

Expert

What if Nintendo made Halo?
    « on: March 29, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
    Self-Explanatory....It would be a total piece of crap....  :P

Link
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What if Nintendo made Halo?
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
    If Nintendo made Halo, it would have japanese-style characters and 2D graphics. Heh

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »
    Several nitpicks:

pac-man was created far before nintendo introduced the NES and as such is not a "nintendo" idea- I forget the original creator- Either atari or that namco.

additionally immediately after the "pac-man" reference it references an "RPG scenario" similar to Final fantasy. Of course the only RPGs that Nintendo has been involved in are the paper mario series as well as a squaresoft/Nintendo partnership with Mario RPG.

Additionally a purely unprofessional quirk that is far to obvious is the fact that the castle music in the area of 2:40 is clipped at the end, causing a cacophonic and displeasing discourse on ones auditory cortex.

as such due to these shortfalls as well as the fact that it appears to be cheaply made using gmod, which as we all know, while fun to mess around in, is far from a professional developer 3d animation program such as 3ds max or maya. It's far more suited for material such as this, however- blatant ripping of lines completely unrelated to the context in any way (such as the reference to several "starfox 64" characters who *adjusts monocle* communicate with the other characters, asking them to do such fiendish things as "barrel rolls" almost oblivious to the fact that the craft they are flying is far less manueverable then a ARWING and would likely crash if a barrel roll was attempted. And of course we have Slippy expressing dissapointment, which takes off points not only because it is unnecessary (I mean, for gods sake, they JUST met them), but also because it involves slippy. Nobody likes slippy. Going back to the original introduction of the Star Fox speech bit, we find the main character, already referred to as "gal guy" in the introduction. This is a fatal flaw in that it destroys any form of immersion or engrossment in the video's plot as the viewer comprehends the auditory remarks- "who is fox? is gal guy really fox?" they think to themselves, only briefly being removed from their deep thought by the shrill cry of a certain baseball cap wearing, talking, high-pitched voice, whiny sounding, female larynxed frog.

Aside from those very few nitpicks it was an entertaining piece, much like watching a bear take a dump or a piece of cheese spoil.

OMG- that was one of my better ones. I mean seriously- adjusting my monocle! AWESOME MATERIAL.

EDIT: perhaps my true calling is as a movie critic?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

macdad-

Topic Starter

Expert

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 06:45:29 AM »
      Probably so....but who voted for "It would be amazing and i probably will get beat for voting this" ?  :D
      If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

nadav224

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »
        If nintendo made halo then no 360s would sell. Nintendo would own the world!! ;)