Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't log into accounts  (Read 3600 times)

thatguy56

Can't log into accounts
« on: March 22, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
Everything goes normally until I try to log in, then instead of my desktop and icons, it shows my cursor in a completely black screen.  I can move my cursor around and click, but nothing happens.  I've tried to run safe modes, but my computer stops doing anything at the end of the safe mode loading screen.  I use Vista, please help.

darhblader

Beginner
    Re: Can't log into accounts
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »
    hi.

have you tried hitting ctl alt delete?
    if that works then you can start  explorer by going to
    new task then typing in explorer and hitting enter

if this doesnt work for you i'll need more information.

do you run many programs on startup. (you can check this my typing msconfig in the run command)

sahil

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:30:11 AM »
      Have you deleted temp files &temporary internet files? please try that

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:36:34 AM »
      Have you deleted temp files &temporary internet files? please try that

How, if he can't log in?

sahil

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:47:14 AM »
        He can log in if he press Ctrl+Alt+del & thengo to new task
        &  then type c:\ it will show all icons & then delete temp files & folders

Dias de verano

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:49:07 AM »
        He can log in if he press Ctrl+Alt+del & thengo to new task
        &  then type c:\ it will show all icons & then delete temp files & folders

Are you sure? Read his post again.

sahil

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 05:57:02 AM »
          According to his post he can move his cursor but the desktop icons are not visiable this means his login is successful but his profile is heavily loaded.which may take time to load.so  can delete data in temp files & temporary internet files which make profile heavy

INEEDHELPZOMBIE

Starter

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:57:05 AM »
            According to his post he can move his cursor but the desktop icons are not visiable this means his login is successful but his profile is heavily loaded.which may take time to load.so  can delete data in temp files & temporary internet files which make profile heavy
            I also need help If you make another usr account will it automatically delete the other one? if so can I get the other one back?

Hope_Comp

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:12:56 AM »

Seems like explorer.exe is not starting at boot. It may be due to profile issue or even due to spyware. I suggest a similar workaround. At the black screen try to lauch Explorer - > Press CTRL , ALT and DEL keys simultaneously to open Task manager. IN task manager, File -> New  Task -> Explorer -> OK

After that open registry editor , navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

LOcate the entry Shell right pane and double click it. Enter: 

explorer.exe

CLick OK and restart the computer. 

ALso perform a spyware scan with any of the free good antispyware software like Superantispyware,  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

princess48

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
              Not sure how this works but I cant get online on my computer, sometimes it just cut off. I also just used a antivirus and spyware cleaner (Spy Doc)and it say's its clean. It also wont allow a restore point. Not sure what to do.
              Windows XP, HP computer

Hope_Comp

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
                Not sure how this works but I cant get online on my computer, sometimes it just cut off. I also just used a antivirus and spyware cleaner (Spy Doc)and it say's its clean. It also wont allow a restore point. Not sure what to do.
                Windows XP, HP computer

You need to start a new subject. refer: 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33323.0.html