Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: format computer,and install new operating system  (Read 6656 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: format computer,and install new operating system
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
Microsoft is cutting off support for XP too, though- does that mean we should all move to Vista?

Although the security issue, as well as the fact that most security software doesn't work on 98 means that 98 shouldn't be connected to the net.

As a computer that is used off the internet however it is still quite capable. And without the distraction of the net it might even be possible to get some work done too  ;D
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

richiehughes

Rookie

Re: format computer,and install new operating system
    « Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
    Yes, but its not until April 2014 that Microsoft end their support for Microsoft Windows XP. That’s not exactly soon. I also did not say anything about moving to Vista. I personally hate Windows Vista OS. For all the hassle it would take to get this laptop fixed, they may as well buy a new one. And the laptop is for education purposes only. If it’s being used for school then most schools are moving to digital materials which would be hosted on the net. E.g, websites such as, Glow Scotland, Scholar, etc. You have to move with the technology.