Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cutting out  (Read 2168 times)

kidirlam

Topic Starter

Rookie

cutting out
    « on: April 20, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
    My computer cuts out when i am using at times.Aalso when it restarts it says press del to access bios.If i switch off at the mains for about 20 minutes it starts up again but i have to press f1 for it to load windows. Thanks for any help you can give me.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: cutting out
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »
    What do you mean it 'cuts out'? Shuts off completely? Restarts? Locks up? Little monkeys in WWII fighter planes come flying out of it?

Give as much detail as possible, including full computer specs, any error messages, etc. Sometimes the smallest overlooked details can explain a big problem.

kidirlam

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »
      when i am using my computer it just goes to restat itself. but it wont boot up into windows it just says press del to enter setup bios.But if i switch off from the mains for about 20 minutes it will start up then i have to press .F1 for it to boot into windows.I usualy have to use F1 everytime . I hope this better information.ty for your help.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:19:39 AM »
      when i am using my computer it just goes to restat itself. but it wont boot up into windows it just says press del to enter setup bios.But if i switch off from the mains for about 20 minutes it will start up then i have to press .F1 for it to boot into windows.I usualy have to use F1 everytime . I hope this better information.ty for your help.

When you have to press F1 to continue booting, is there some error message on the screen?

Needing to press F1 during booting usually occurs during the POST (power on self test) and indicates that there was some kind of error.

kidirlam

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
        I will have to wait untill it happens nextime and i will write down everything and contact you if that will be ok.