Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Comcast smartzone email access  (Read 6747 times)

raysue

Comcast smartzone email access
« on: March 04, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »
Comcast recently changed over to a new smartzone email page. I have been unable to access from either of my 2 computers and Comcast help thinks my router ( firewall? )is blocking access, but I can connect with everything else I try. I have a netgear WNR834M router and WindXP on the machines. Has anyone else had a similar problem ??? Thx ???

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Comcast smartzone email access
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:19:40 PM »
I don't use their on-line mail, but I just tried it, and it connects fine.
Try Safe Mode with Networking. It'll tell us more.

maximus

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:37:46 AM »
    I am also experiencing the same problem with the netgear WNR834M.  It loads every other webpage fine, just is extremely slow at loading comcast's smartzone email.  Was able to connect to their email service fine before the switch.  Tried plugging the cable modem directly into the computer and smartzone loaded instantly.  Disabled SPI firewall, that didnt work...  Not sure what the router is doing that is interfering with smartzone. I have tried three seperate browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera)  on two seperate machines (both running XP) using a g connected laptop, and a desktop jacked into the router's lan port. Stil the only way I can get smartzone to load correctly is to bypass the router and plug the cable modem directly into the computer.
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:08:10 AM by maximus »

maximus

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:55:25 AM »
      Update: Got a new laptop running Vista x64, its connects to smartzone perfectly fine.  XP machines still very laggy...  Tried accessing smartzone using XP safe mode w/ networking, still laggy.  Are there some diagnostics I can run in safe mode?  Seems strange that both XP machines will connect fine directly through the cable modem, but not through the router, but the vista machine connecting via .11n works fine. Is it a problem that XP and my router are not playing nice? And if so what could the problem possibly be? Not ready to dump the XP machines as of yet, so it would be nice to be able to access my email in less than 5 minutes...  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated