Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows taskbar and start menu aren't there.  (Read 2231 times)

Kwerky

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows taskbar and start menu aren't there.
    « on: June 04, 2009, 06:07:01 PM »
    So somehow, after reformatting my iPod, I decided to turn off my computer. Well, today when I got on, it said something which I've seen before, nothing huge, I believe it was just giving me the choice of starting it on Safe mode or not. But then once I clicked on it, it seemed as if Windows was going to start, but then something I've never seen before came up saying something about doing a disk clean up sort of thing.
    Well, after that was all finished, and my computer was starting a window popped up saying, "An unauthorized -something something- will make it so you no longer get updates."
    Then the only thing that opened, (oh thank you so much) was Firefox. Everything else is black. No Windows at all.
      :-[
    I'm surprised that the internet even works now.

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Windows taskbar and start menu aren't there.
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
    Restart your computer and tap F8 repeatedly as it is starting ( before Windows loads). This will take you to the advanced startup menu. Choose "last Known Good Configuration".
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/