Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer is clicking on its own  (Read 5002 times)

aerocrystal

my computer is clicking on its own
« on: May 24, 2005, 05:33:04 PM »
Okay. I am running Windows ME edition on a Dell computer, and it seems as though it is clicking on its own. Its going slower than normal, if i use a messenger program it will switch between al the different windows so it makes it impossible ot talk to more than one person at once or have my buddy list open a long with a message box.

Also if i right click on something hte menu doesnt stay up and it dissapears quickly, same for the menus if i click on file or edit. It is also beeping  constantly and making that noise when you click on something that doesnt work. It is not the mouse as I have changed mice and it is not the mouse port because the beeping doesn not stop when I have no mouse in the computer. It is also not the key board as the clicking continues when I take the keyboard out of the port.

I have run two different spyware programs numerous times including Lavasoft's Ad-aware and Xoftspy. Sometimes the computer is fine but then it starts doing it again if it gets turned on and started again.
NOrton antivirus wont even work. NIce piece of **** that I wasted my money on. Both spyware programs run completely and say they delete things but it doesnt work. I also have EZ firewall.

What is going on?

mark_c

Re: my computer is clicking on its own
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:40:04 PM »
Looks like crudware of some sort. Have you tried running your anti-spyware/adware programs in Safe Mode?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 06:51:08 PM »
    aerocrystal......  "NOrton antivirus wont even work. NIce piece of **** that I wasted my money on."  
    Many of todays trojans...will attach Norton and shut it down.....
    It's not that theres anything wrong with Norton , but rather your pc may well be infected with some very smart and dangerous pests........

Here's what I would suggest......first reboot into safe mode and then try and enable Norton .....if sucessful run a full scan with it ....
    Then run you Ad-Aware again still in safe mode .   If that fails to do anything , go back to normal mode and D/L  hijackthis.......... from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html   get Version 1.99.1  then run a scan save it to your desktop and then post it here ......we may be able to home in on what the problem is .......

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 11:54:16 AM »
    disable system restore feature........or scan in safe mode....if its windows messenger 6/7.........its full of spyware/scumware........check it out......trillian is a better option.......
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:54:32 AM by merlin_2 »

Redeyes_Gambit

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:35:11 PM »
    Yes trillion is admittadly cool, however if you are an EULA freak like myself you'll note that you cant use it by the terms in both YIM and MSN messanger (not sure about AIM) :( .
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 01:36:08 PM by Redeyes_Gambit »

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 01:58:42 PM »
    however if you are an EULA freak like myself

...  :-/

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:58:18 PM »
    join the army. :)........eula.........<end used licence agreement>>