Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: start up  (Read 3301 times)

jugs2535

start up
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:45:19 PM »
my computer takes 10 min to boot ??? ??? up plaease help after start up comp ok ???
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:55:59 PM by jugs2535 »

merlin_2

Re: start up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:54:07 PM »
Start pc .........in safe mode ............f8 key......... msconfig in the typed run box.>.chose selective start up...........scan for trojans/worms bugs.....eg:spysweeper./adaware/hi-jack this shreeder etc may help..........

more inf on sys.................................... .....

hywaydave

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 03:54:49 PM »
How much free hard drive space do you have left?  Is your virus software up to date?  Have you scanned your drives for adware and spyware?  When was the last time you defragged your Hard drive?  How many programs do you have loading into memory when Windows loads?  Alll these factors can affect the amount of time Windows takes to loads.  If you need additional help, you can reach me at ResourcePC.

Dave

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 03:54:52 PM »
.... I don't know where to start when I say this... You need to give a LOT more information... Whcih operating system are you using? Hwo much RAM do you have? Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware? Has it always been this way? Have you made any chnages to your system prior to this incident?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 03:55:36 PM »
Wow. That was really weird... We all replied at the same time... lol  This must be a hot topic...  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 04:17:16 PM »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 04:21:26 PM »
Jugs... Looks like I found one of your posts... (Re: Your PM you sent me)... Follow Merlin's link and see what happens...

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 04:21:40 PM by flame »