Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Still cannot open Windows Mail Links  (Read 3349 times)

Ptfitzy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Still cannot open Windows Mail Links
    « on: June 23, 2009, 08:51:29 AM »
    Hello. I have a 3 month old Dell Studio Q8200 Desktop 2.33 GHZ. 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHZ with "Vista Home Premium"(Not sure what premium is).
    I have Internet Explorer 7 with all the updates. I had tried Internet 8 but it was running slow. I went back to 7.
    I read the posting about setting the Defaults and did them, but I still can't get a Link to open in "Windows Mail".
    I first went to "Set Your Default Programs". There I clicked on Internet Explorer and Windows Mail and then clicked on ""Set this program as default".
    Next I went to "Associate a file type or protocol with a program". In "Extensions", I did not click on anything nor on "Protocols".
    I went to "Set programs access and computer defaults". I first tried clicking on Internet Explorer as the Default. "Windows Mail still would not open a Link.
    I then went to "Custom" and clicked on that. It still would not open the Link.
    However, as soon as I opened "Internet Explorer"and minimized it, I was able to go to "Windows Mail" and the Links opened right up. It will only do it if I have Explorer open. (I did not know this is what it would do. I just happened to have Explorer minimized when I was checking my E Mail).
    Any help would be appreciated.
    ptfitzy