Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: YouTube Problem  (Read 3935 times)

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    YouTube Problem
    « on: July 03, 2009, 06:52:24 AM »
    I am running WIN2000, and am having a problem with YouTube. It doesn't seem to make any difference which browser I use, when I attempt to view a YouTube clip I get the following message:
    <Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player>
    I installed FlashPlayer 10, but the problem persists. I also have installed the latest Java download.

Can someone tell me how I can determine if JavaScript is indeed turned off, and if so how to turn it on?
    Tom

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: YouTube Problem= RESOLVED
      « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
      Well. apparently no one had any idea how ro solve the problem, but everyone will be relieved to know it has gone away. I closed all applications (except the internet commection) that were running. I then re-booted. No, I should say I shut the computer down and then started it up again. All the programs that were running before are now running, and I have complete access to YouTube, through any browser.

I WISH I UNDERSTOOD ALL I KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS!
       Tom

Mulreay

Re: YouTube Problem
      « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 04:20:21 AM »
      You have to appreciate that people from all around the world help on this forum so sometimes a topic will not get looked at for a while. I apologise for your wait and glad you sorted it out.
      Welcome to Computer Hope Barefoot_Tom and I hope we can help you in the future.