Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Questions  (Read 1964 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Printer Questions
« on: August 16, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »
Hi Everyone,
How are you all doing? I'm hoping maybe someone will be able to help me figure out what to do about a couple of problems happening to my printer ever since the latest repairman worked on my computer which was right before this past Christmas.

I have a Lexmark printer the model of it is Z605.
A few things keep happening-
1. After finishing printing that box thing printer icon thing stays open too and says 99% and never closes. So, then everytime you restart the computer, it prints the document again. So, then that just wastes paper and ink doing it again.
2. It also keeps printing in colored ink and taking so long to print it too

I guess there must be some settings somewhere, but I have no idea where. Me and my mom were looking around a bit and couldn't seem to find anything. I guess we were looking in the wrong areas.

Thanks,
Amy

alan2273

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Printer Questions
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
    Have you tried uninstalling the printer and software and then reinstalling it?.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Printer Questions
      « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »
      AmyR7, alan2273 has given advice that in most cases should solve the problem. So i would definitely try that 1st. However i am about to give you the benefit of my opinion which is really not the type of advice i like to normally suggest. Do NOT spend any more money on repairing that printer. Printers are so inexpensive these days that it rarely is cost effective to repair them (unless it is a warranty repair on the companies dime). I have yet to hear anything commendable about the Lexmark brand of printers. Others may have alternative personal choices but my preferences in inkjet are Epson,Canon,or Brother. So if you end up not solving your problem via the offered suggestion then i do NOT recommend Lexmark as a replacement. Please let us know how things work out.truenorth