Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What is the ideal specs to play WoW?  (Read 5439 times)

BigJay26

Topic Starter

Rookie

What is the ideal specs to play WoW?
    « on: August 26, 2009, 06:53:50 PM »
    I have a 1.7 ghz P4 with i think 256mb Ram and i know the RAM isnt ideal but someone told me as long as you have a good processor it'll still work but i'm having misgivings before i go thru all the trouble of downloading and installing it to play. So what specs are ideal?

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What is the ideal specs to play WoW?
    « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »
    I have a 1.7 ghz P4 with i think 256mb Ram and i know the RAM isnt ideal but someone told me as long as you have a good processor it'll still work but i'm having misgivings before i go thru all the trouble of downloading and installing it to play. So what specs are ideal?

WoW will run on just about anything at minimum settings. I've run it on an EeePC (900mhz Celeron, 512MB RAM, Intel video chipset). It's playable, but the viewing distance is at minimum. Doesn't look the greatest, but it plays.

My desktop system runs it very well at complete maximum settings (see my specs for details on that system) and about 60fps constantly. My laptop runs it really well too (also listed in my specs), but the shadows have to be turned down one level from maximum or the FPS drops.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »
    According to worldofwarcraft.com.

PC System Requirements

OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista (with latest Service Packs)

Processor:
    Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
    Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2

Memory:
    Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)
    Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)
    Video:
    Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better
    Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better

Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

BigJay26

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
      Thanks guys!! As of right now im waiting til i get some more RAM and  a new graphics card. I'm hoping to get a great system up and running soon!!