Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ATI replaced by NVIDIA Service Events  (Read 2741 times)

Simon Wray

ATI replaced by NVIDIA Service Events
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:06:09 AM »
Hi.

I've recently upgraded from an ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder 128 AGP to a NVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256 AGP. In doing so I've also changed my power supply from 350W to 550W at the advice of the NVidia info.

Running Athlon 3400+ on an ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe with Maxtor 300GB drive Windows XP SP2.

I've uninstalled all the ATI stuff that I can and cleaned the registry with TuneUp 2000. The new NVidia card has gone in okay and drivers have installed. Checking online these appear to be the latest (6.6.7.2).

I've now noticed that I've got five error events for various ATI services that, unsurprisingly, can't start. I've removed everything in my Program Files/ATI folder. I can't see any Services, stopped or otherwise, in the service viewer that relate to these events. Any advice on what I've not cleaned out & how I can resolve this?

I've also had a few problems with the game FarCry crashing (which used to run fine under the ATI card) and two corresponding 'emtpy' error events logged.

Any and all advice welcome...

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: ATI replaced by NVIDIA Service Events
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 06:02:02 AM »
Those programs are trying to display becuase your registry has a few errors... Download Registry Mechanic to solve this... http://www.download.com/1200-2018-5141163.html

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 07:13:37 AM »
I've also had a few problems with the game FarCry crashing (which used to run fine under the ATI card) and two corresponding 'emtpy' error events logged.

;D

I suggest you use an application such as Driver cleaner.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »
    Once your video is sorted it may help if you uninstall FarCry & reinstall it along with any game fixes or patches. The nocd is good  :)