Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: audio bonanza  (Read 2681 times)

GRK

audio bonanza
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:09:56 PM »
hello,
First time on here and I hope you can save my audio. ;) :P

Now I recently purchased a Dynex PC Camera. It came with a video software. I also have a microphone, a General Electric desktop PC microphone H097880.

My sound card is a Sound blaster Audigy2 ZS. I've got all the cables plugged in right, but now when I talk into the microphone, I hear it out the speakers! It wasn't like this before, I have a feeling the Video Impression 1.6 did something to my settings when I was messing around.

I also have Intervideo WinDVD  Creator 2 and that will not work. The audio on both pieces of software does not work. The video is fine but the sound is nada.

I know its all linked to the microphone going through to the speakers. If I turn up the speaker volume, I hear the screeching sound of an open mike. And actually, testing now, the voice/sound on the video programs works to a degree, yet is very soft.

But now my main problem is that the mike is going through the speakers.

Help appreciated as Im very confused and irritated after spending 3-4 hours on this. >:(

thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: audio bonanza
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 10:29:43 PM »
Hello... Let me get this straight... You are talking into your mic, but the sound is coming out of the speakers, when you want it comoing through the headset, right?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

GRK

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 12:26:14 PM »
Yes, sorta.

I want the microphone to not go through the speakers. Now I've found that my music on my comp won't play...

But, no I don't want sound through the headphones/set. I want to stop my microphone from coming out of the speakers.

When I first put it together, you speak into the mike and that's all. Having recorded it, you hit play and hear what you said. Now the sound comes out of the speakers. Its weird. And I'm still frustrated as this was working great two days ago. :(

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 12:39:43 PM »
goto the control panel.....click the sound/media icon click audio  now click advanced......now chose headphones..... from the list....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:40:08 PM by merlin_2 »