Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help needed in picking out GIF maker software/utility  (Read 2067 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Help needed in picking out GIF maker software/utility
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good free animated GIF makers?

I am looking to take say 5 jpg files and use them as frames 1,2,3,4,5 and loop, and I know that this can be done by creating an Animated GIF, but I have never created an animated GIF before so I am looking for help in what software to use that is free or if not free inexpensive maybe.

I know that this could be achieved using Java Script, but concern there is loadtime, where if it were 1 Animated GIF the complete image size I would assume to be less than that of 5 jpgs to load with a java script loop to display for x-many seconds and then increment to load next photo to achieve same affect.

Java script to me seems like making more work for myself to achieve what an animated GIF could do. Also I try to avoid making websites that warn visitors of security blats that I seem have have whenever I implement javascript into my pages. I feel some people may be deturred to back away from a page that warns of security, and an animated GIF wont do that.

Or if someone can show a java script that will display 5 images at timed intervals that does not warn of security at the top of the web page I am interested in finding out how to make that happen, since java script does offer so many more possibilities than just an animated GIF.

Thanks

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Help needed in picking out GIF maker software/utility
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:20:13 AM »
You might try this freeware tool for making animated gifs: http://www.snapfiles.com/opinions/UnFREEz/UnFREEz.html  I haven't used it but I see some favorable user reviews on the website.