Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why can't I get right-click menu in IE8?  (Read 7810 times)

Tetra

Topic Starter

Why can't I get right-click menu in IE8?
    « on: May 13, 2009, 02:50:02 AM »
    Ever since I downloaded IE8 I've had the problem of not getting a right-click menu.  First, with Vista and now with Windows 7, the same thing.  When I first did a clean install of Windows 7, the right-click menu in Internet Explorer 8 worked fine, then later on it started doing the same thing.  Are there certain add-ons that are known for causing this?  Disabling some of them to see has not worked out.  Could there possibly be something else causing this?  Has anybody else had this problem before?

GlitchPC

Re: Why can't I get right-click menu in IE8?
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:31:59 AM »
    Sometimes a particular Internet Explorer add-on will cause this issue.

Please read and follow the instructions very carefully here:  http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

Though the above instructions refer to Internet Explorer 7, the same troubleshooting steps may be used for Internet Explorer 8.

mrdna

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »
    [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
    Registry Key:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
    Data Type: DWORD // Value Name: NoViewContextMenu
    Setting for Value Data: [0 = Disabled / 1 = Enabled]
    Exit Registry and Reboot

MikeOShay

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »
    That registry folder path ended in a dead end for me. A solution I found on another forum that completely solved the problem for me:
    Go to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions

If there is a Key called NoBrowserContextMenu, double click it and change the value to 0.

No computer restart is required. You might need to restart IE, but that's about it.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:19:41 PM »
    Well it's been 3 months...we'll see if either of them return...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "