Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox 3.5 Takes the Top Spot Worldwide  (Read 3116 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Firefox 3.5 Takes the Top Spot Worldwide
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/firefox_35_takes_the_top_spot_worldwide.php

Firefox hit a new milestone today, as version 3.5 overtook Internet Explorer 7.0 with nearly 22% of the browser market, according to statistics from web analytics service StatCounter. This comes on the heels of statistics we saw earlier this month, which showed Firefox overtaking IE for overall usage in Germany.

While IE still dominates the browser market - with 55% of people using some version - all combined versions of Firefox occupy 32% and have been steadily gaining ground. Released at the end of June, version 3.5 of Firefox has quickly climbed the charts. IE 8, on the other hand - which was first released in beta more than a year earlier, with a full release in March 2009 - now holds a similar 20% of the market to that of Firefox 3.5's 22%.

It would seem that a majority of Firefox 3.5 users were already using 3.0 and upgraded, as the 20% drop in 3.0 use almost directly correlates to the 22% increase in 3.5.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Firefox 3.5 Takes the Top Spot Worldwide
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 06:09:16 AM »
OOHRAH! (Jarhead) I am very pleased that FF is finally taking over. On my local tv station some "security expert" said that using microsoft's AV and IE8 was the best way to stay safe online and I'm just like, "How much did Micro$soft pay him to say that bull**** infront of a national audience?"
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.