Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "the specified module could not be found" ????????????????????????  (Read 3873 times)

valnhugo

Hi - - My name is Valerie,
       I would be so grateful if ANYONE OUT THERE can help me figure out why this message started popping up whenever I type in an address.  The message is "the specified module could not be found"  I can get around it by typing the address in my Yahoo search box and then clicking on the address form the list provided.  However, at times, when I am already at a website and I try to go somewhere within that website, it will often times pop up again " the specified module could not be found".  At this point I am usually just *censored*-Out-Of-Luck.  Very frustrating !!! Can't get where I want to go !!! And I have know idea why this started happening.
       OMIGOD - -  I would REALLY  appreciate it if someone can help me with this.
              THANK-YOU  THANK-YOU  THANK-YOU  for your time.
       My email address is [email protected]   {Just in case I can't figure out how to access the answer in this forum should anyone try to help}  Traditionally I have a hard time figuring out how to navigate around these forums - but am trying to learn.         THANX AGAIN  val

email addy removed to prevent SPAM.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:29:25 AM by patio »

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: "the specified module could not be found" ????????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 05:40:05 AM »
1) NEVER post your email address on a public forum. There are "bots" that scour forums looking for email addresses and sell them to spammers.

2) You need to start by ruling out malware. Run a full system scan with your AV utility AND with either Malware Bytes and/or Super AntiSpyware. Please report back after doing both.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: "the specified module could not be found" ????????????????????????
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:32:18 AM »
What browser are you using? I suggest re-installing your browser. That may be your solution, otherwise, it could be an infection so you should try the ^^^ post.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.