Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem w/refresh rate. HP Pavilion dv2500  (Read 3861 times)

j.keaton25

Problem w/refresh rate. HP Pavilion dv2500
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »
I have a windows vista operating system and a generic pnp monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/630M. I am wanting to change my refresh rate. It is set on 60 and I can't find a way to change it to maybe a 75 or higher. My eyes always start to hurt about 5 minutes after I have been on the computer. I have tried to update the drivers, but it says that they are all up to date. Can the refresh rate be changed?

Vikram Varaprasad

Intermediate
    Re: Problem w/refresh rate. HP Pavilion dv2500
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
    You may need to change your screen resolution before changing the refresh rate because not every screen resolution will support all of the same refresh rates. The available rate and resolution options are based on the video adapter and it's driver, and of course your monitor.
    Vikram...

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Problem w/refresh rate. HP Pavilion dv2500
    « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »
    I have a windows vista operating system and a generic pnp monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/630M. I am wanting to change my refresh rate. It is set on 60 and I can't find a way to change it to maybe a 75 or higher. My eyes always start to hurt about 5 minutes after I have been on the computer. I have tried to update the drivers, but it says that they are all up to date. Can the refresh rate be changed?

If it is a LCD monitor then leave it at 60.  The refresh rates were an issue with older CRT technology, but they don't affect the redraw rate on LCD.
    Evil is an exact science.